In our last post we wrote a simple set of bindings for libspotify in Go. By the end of the post we had an example compiling, but we had a bad API key for our spotify application. One obvious way to recify this would be to grab an API key if you are a Spotfy Premium user. Another workaround is to use a mock library to make sure the code is working the way we want.
I have been playing with Go lately. The language itself has a lot going for it, one of which is a decent set of interop with existing C code. Today I am going to walk you through a practical example of how this is done by showing some code that I have been working on lately with Go. The Simplest Hello World Assuming you have your Go development environment all set up, go ahead and create a new go file with the following contents:
Dynamically typed languages like Ruby are an interesting beast when it comes to dependency injection. The topic itself has been debated in the Ruby community every once in a while: Let me start off by first saying that dependency injection is not a catch-all for managing dependencies in Ruby. There are many other ways to abstract hard dependencies within your code. Today I want to specifically talk about programming to interfaces in Ruby and how to solve the “dependencies” problem in that space.
The day finally has arrived. I am starting a blog. Introduction For those of you who do not know me, my name is Jeremy Saenz. I have been building software since graduating high school. Discovering that I did not want to attend college, I naturally picked up software engineering as a passionate craft that I care deeply about. Back in 2008 I was just starting to wade (drown perhaps is the better word) through the vast sea of knowledge that is the software engineering industry.